Lessons and Loom Rentals
Private Instruction, In Studio - $35 / hour (sample topics below )
- Using TempoTreadle (setup, loading designs, threading, weaving, length calcs, alerts)
- Designing Weaving Drafts with Fiberworks (bring your PC or Mac)
- Understanding Weaving Drafts
- Learn to Weave (planning to finishing)
- Warping a Loom
- Project Planning (project, yarn, weave structure selection, calculating yarn requirements, sett, finishing methods)
Group Instruction, In Studio
- Beginning Weaving: Hands On Weave your Own Scarf Weekend $200, includes yarn, use of loom and snacks!
- Fiberworks and TempoTreadle (Bring your own PC or Mac) Saturday class 10-3 $80
- Jump Start to Weaving (weave a project on a loom setup and ready to go)
Studio Time - $10/hour (use of equipment)
- Use of warping board or reel, bobbin winders, skeining equipment, bobbin racks
- For use of a loom, dedicated to you and your project, a minimum block of 10 hours studio time per month is required.
- 50% discount on studio time after 10 hours in a single month.
- Hours are usually available in the evenings (6pm-9pm) and all day weekends. Please confirm planned visits in advance.
- Yarn and weaving supplies are available for purchase during studio hours, as well as online anytime. No studio time charge for a shopping only visit.
Loom Rental (looms taken home with you)
- Floor and Table Looms are available for rent, check for available options
- Pricing starts at $50/month and increases depending on value of loom.
- A security deposit equal to two months’ rent is required in advance, returned in full after rental period if the returned loom is not damaged.
- Loom delivery and setup quoted on request.
- Rental fees can be applied towards the purchase of the rented loom, or rental fees can go towards purchase of a new loom from LoftyFiber.
Spinning and Knitting Lessons
- Contact us for information on group and private lessons